Sweater pattern confusion

wolfse

Question

I'm starting a sweater coat for my niece. The directions seem pretty straightforward, but I'm a tad stumped on the "sides" portion of the fronts.

It has row by row directions for the right front side.....then for the left side it says....

Work as right but reversed.

Does that mean that I just turn the finished side around to make the left side? Or, s

Is there some way to reverse the detailed directions in terms of right/left or up/down?

Some of the lines use outermost and mid front but there isn't an indication to tell which side of the pattern is outer or mid front.

Does this make sense??

Oy!

Thanks for ideas.

5 answers to this question

i would probably make it identical to the first side then flip it over.  but that might not look right depending on the stitch pattern.  what pattern is it exactly?  link to it if free online, or tell us what book it is in, or other source, so we can look at it.  

Thanks.......will proceed with physical reversal vs stitching reversal.

It isn't hard to do a reverse piece for the other side. You just look at the shaping rows and work them the opposite from what you did for the right front. Where it says leave stitches unworked at the end of the row  to reverse you will leave the unworked stitches at  the beginning of the row for the other left side.

This link might help some.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Crochet-3235/crochet-reverse-shaping.htm

Archived