simple bow pattern but need help!

kacyannlevy

Question

Hello,

I am just not sure what the pattern is asking.

I am I to sl in 4 of the chains or the second one I start with. Then do I sc in the last st I did?? Can someone make this simple patter more simple.

Thanks

Row 1. In second chain from hook sl st 4, sc 3 in the same st, sc 1, sc 3 in the same st, sl st 8, sc 3 in the

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cute-simple-bow

2 answers to this question

My notes in red; I've broken down part of what you typed into smaller bits to make it easier to read

Row 1. In second chain from hook sl st 4, slip in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th chain (it would have been more clear to have said 'starting with the second chain from hook'...)

sc 3 in the same st, make 3 sc all in the 6th chain

sc 1, do this in the 7th chain

sc 3 in the same st, make 3 sc all in the 8th chain

sl st 8, slip stitch in the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16th chains

I hope you can see from this portion what the directions are trying to tell you.  At the spots where you do multiple stitches in 1 chain, it will look like the chain wants to 'turn a corner'. I haven't read the whole pattern, just looked at the pic but it is probably forming the corners of the bow.  

By the way, when patterns get really wordy like this, if you have it in soft copy and can edit it, it sometimes helps to do what I did - break 1 'sentence' into 1 line for each little step.  I have been crocheting for decades and sometimes break up lines for complicated lace patterns, except I put a pencil slash between steps ( on my own working copy of course).

Archived