Need help/suggestions for yarn, please!

Alimae

Question

Hello!

I am working on some ripple afghans that are to be Christmas gifts. Four of them need to be finished by Christmas Eve, so I've mostly got them mapped out. One is finished, 2 are in line, and one I am really having issues with. I was able to find the colors for 2 different camo's, and a bright, cheery combo for the 3rd, but for the 4th I was hoping to do a space/galaxy theme, without seeming too "girly" (it is for my brother in law). I found that Red Heart Shimmer in Black, and Lion Brand Landscapes Metropolis look fantastic together for this theme, but I need a 3rd color to help break it up a bit and pull everything together (if that makes sense). Though the two colors I have look very nice together, it really needs a bit more color to make it look less "girly" lol. I've got 3-4 colors for each blanket, so if I can just find one more...

I guess at this point I feel like I've looked everywhere, and I'm struggling to find something that fits well. Any suggestions on where I might look, or any brand that might be better to check out for multicolored yarn would be fantastic! I've checked Michael's (major bust), AC Moore and have been looking around Herrschners quite a bit, among other various sites.

Thank you in advance for any help! :)

ETA: I forgot to mention that I had bought some Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable - Echo - which looks great as a space/galaxy type color, but it is MUCH thinner than I expected, and I'm not sure that it's going to suit this project well, unfortunately.

2 answers to this question

Can the RH Boutique Unforgettable yarn be doubled?  I'm unfamiliar with it, but if it CAN be doubled, it might make it thick enough to use.  Also, have you tried Joann's site?

Archived