Joining Rectangles

Shirley Lindstrom

Question

I am making a blanket for my grandson and have crocheted 5 rectangles of different colors. 2 of 1 color and 2 of another. Center 1 is white. The stitches run the long way.  ------ When I connect the 4 rectangles around the center rectangle is that going to cause a problem and make it all wonky?

Thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

I have been sitting here and trying to make a picture of 4 rectangles around 1 rectangle.  To me you need 4 more, otherwise it will look like a cross.  That is unless you have the white in the middle one one each of the long sides, then the one on each end on its side.  You can then have a rectangle.  So it is white.  one each long side and one each short side.

I do hope I did not confuse you.  Welcome to Crochetville by the way.

Let me try this:  Center W  both sides I W I  top --   Bottom _    The w is white or center. 

The only thing I can think of is to put the diagram on your deck top and them use more options to post it.   Go to browse and grab the diagram off the desk top and post it.

Ok the center is rectangle is white. I made a diagram but how do I post it?

when you are posting you should see Attach File at the bottom left.  if you don't see that, click on More Reply Options at the bottom right.  you will need to take a photo of your diagram or scan it, then you can attach it.

it sounds like you are wanting to make a sort of Log Cabin type design?  Like the first 5 pieces of this http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/kiddo-logcabinbaby-crochet.html   Note that the rectangles around the center piece are not all the same size.  

Is your question about how to sew the pieces together?  

Archived