Help with Entrelac crochet

minster

Question

I have watched the Crochet Crowds You Tube video(

) on how to do this stitch and I feel pretty comfortable with it.  My question is I have kind of layed out a design using 3 colors that I want to make how can I create this pattern as I am going along.  I am not sure if I would go back and forth like you would do a regular afghan or would I go in rounds.  I am just confused.

Thanks!!

Mindy

1 answer to this question

I haven't watched the whole video, but about a minute in he does say that the Trip Around The World Throw that he is demonstrating is worked from the inside out, which means in the round.  At about 2.50 in, he says you can also work entrelac by starting with a very long chain, and the squares are built along the chain in rows--but that doesn't pertain to the Trip Around the World throw.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/trip-around-world-throw

Each little square is worked back and forth, but the squares are added around the center of the throw, 'in the round'.

I'm not sure if that answers your question...

edit - OK, I watched a bit more - around minute 18 he starts to work on the second square in the second round, and by 20:20 it is (hopefully) more obvious that the squares are being added around the center.

Archived