The Gooney Birds-Orson Owl

mamarose22

Question

I am no novice crocheter.  I've made my share of ami's and other stuffed toys.  I was given the Orson Owl pattern several years ago and recently tried to crochet it.  I finished the body and stuffed it and it looked more like a round ball rather than the gourd shape Orson in the picture.  I read and re-read the instructions and I had followed the pattern as written.  Has anyone else tried this pattern and if so, did you encounter the same problem?  I scrapped and am doing Bernat's owl instead.

4 answers to this question

I'm not a novice at crocheting.  Many times I have seen patterns that have errors and I am able to make the necessary corrections.  I have even made up a couple of my own simple adult/preemie hat and tote/clutch bags patterns.  However this pattern is supposed to have a gourd or pear like shape but it doesn't come out that way.  I've substituted an owl pattern from Bernat and will use the wings and feet from Orson Owl. 

I am no novice crocheter.  I've made my share of ami's and other stuffed toys.  I was given the Orson Owl pattern several years ago and recently tried to crochet it.  I finished the body and stuffed it and it looked more like a round ball rather than the gourd shape Orson in the picture.  I read and re-read the instructions and I had followed the pattern as written.  Has anyone else tried this pattern and if so, did you encounter the same problem?  I scrapped and am doing Bernat's owl instead.

Which pattern is it? i did a search and found many of them.

Archived