MJnewtocrochet

Question

My cousin has asked me to make her daughter a pumpkin hat for Halloween. The pattern I found is only for a newborn. Her daughter is almost 2 years old. Can someone help me make the pattern larger without compromising the piece?

Pattern:

Pumpkin::

Ch 25

Row 1: hdc in BL of 3rd ch from hook and in each at across, chain 2, turn (23 hdc)

Row 2-23: hdc in BL in each st across, chain 2, turn

Row 24: hdc in BL in each st across, chain 1, turn

Joining both ends , sl st down entire length of hat through both sides, fasten off and weave in ends

Stem::

Using green, join with sc in top near back seam

Sc even around (about 24 stitches) , do not join, when you arrive back at your 1st sc, begin sc2tog continuously around, until 4-5 stitches remain

Now sc in each st around for about 6 rounds so that you create a 1-1 1/2 inch stem . Fasten off and tuck tail inside hat and weave in ends.

So if anyone can help, please.

5 answers to this question

I see the hat is worked sideways and then you seam it, and then stitch the top together... I think.

If the hat is worked this way (in sideways rows) then simply chain some extra stitches in the beginning, and add more rows to get the measurements you want.

Eta: I see how you make the top, you just single crochet around the top and keep decreasing around. So, follow basically the same instructions to make the top, only instead of having 24 sc around the top, you will have more since you have more rows with the larger size.

I see the hat is worked sideways and then you seam it, and then stitch the top together... I think.

If the hat is worked this way (in sideways rows) then simply chain some extra stitches in the beginning, and add more rows to get the measurements you want.

Eta: I see how you make the top, you just single crochet around the top and keep decreasing around. So, follow basically the same instructions to make the top, only instead of having 24 sc around the top, you will have more since you have more rows with the larger size.

Thanks so much!!!!

Archived