Please help with this pattern!

Angela Hansen

Question

Hi all, I am having trouble with the attached pattern when I reach row 25 where it is supposed to open up for the back. Even though the instructions say to turn at the end of each row it appears the way they are written they will still join up and I can't see how it will go from the initial sleeve across the back to start the second sleeve. I have tried looking for similar instructions but can't find anything similar anywhere. Can anyone make heads or tails of the instructions?

Thanks

Anji503

3 answers to this question

I think Row 26 is not written correctly, or at least worded very oddly.  And, I'm hoping you know that this is written in British terminology where British tc = American dc.

By the end of Row 24, you should have one completed sleeve, a tube, essentially.  

Row 25 begins by making another round of ch 4, then [tc, ch] around the sleeve.  Sl st in the 3rd chain to close the round.  Then ch 1, tc in the same stitch as the sl st to start making back and forth rows.  This creates a thicker stitch to define the bottom of the arm pit.  Turn.

Row 26 should be written:  Ch 4, [tc in the next tc, ch] across to the last tc.  Turn.

then

Rows 27-58:  Ch 4, [tc in the next tc, ch] across to the last tc, tc in the 3rd ch of the ch-4 from the row below.  Turn.

Then you fold this back rectangle in half and begin making rounds to start forming the second sleeve.

Hi Anji, welcome to the ville :hook

Rather than scanning a pattern and attaching it, you should type out the couple of sentences that you are stuck on, and tell us the pattern name and  the publication it's in.  Posting a scan or photo of a whole page violates the copyright of the pattern and Crochetville guidelines.  

Also, I usually look for patterns that have good schematics or photos that show the construction, that is a big help for me in understanding the written part.  

Anji503, welcome to Crochetville! We'll be very happy to try to help you with any problem you're having, but we have to do so while following copyright law. You probably don't realize it, but it's copyright infringement and against our forum guidelines to post a scanned image of a pattern without the permission of the copyright holder. I've had to remove the pattern PDF from your post.

So that we can help you, you are welcome to post a link to the pattern so that others can download it for themselves. You can post information about where it was published in a book or magazine and those who have the book or magazine can help.

You could also type out the row of instructions you're having trouble with and maybe the row before if that information is necessary to understand the current row.

Don't worry about having made this mistake. It's a fairly common one by new members who post for the first time looking for help. I hope we can give you the help you need, and that you'll continue to visit and post here on Crochetville.

Archived