Help with socks pattern

shamirhila

Question

Hello everyone!

I'm doing this socks pattern from redheart, I'm heaving a trouble with it.

I did the cuff (attached photo) which is 59 rows of sc. And the next part is the ankle and that's the trouble. It says in the first round: "ch 1, working across row ends of cuff, work 56 sc across; join with slip st in first sc".

I would really like some help because I'm stuck...

post-65446-0-49290900-1403793939_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

You will be turning the piece 90 degrees and working down the edges.  You'll need to space those 56 stitches as evenly as possible  into 59 edges, so you will be skipping 3 stitches.  You probably don't want to skip them at the edge; make a few stitches and skip every 20th' stitch, example skip stitch 5, 25, 45.  Alternately, and this may look better, sc 2 stitches together at these points.

edited typo

I could use some more help.

As you can see in the picture I ended the ankle part.

The next part the instructions said that I need to keep sc around until I get 2 1/2" less than desired length from beginning of heel.

What does that mean?

I would love some help because right now I'm stuck...

(The picture looks different from the last one because I tried a different yarn)

post-65446-0-96630500-1405163898_thumb.jpg

This is telling you to make the sock the length of your foot.   When you get 2" from the end of the sock, you will start to make decreases to shape the toe.  

Just lay the sock across your foot to measure (or put it on, if you want) and keep working until you are 2" from the tips of your toes.

Sock is looking very nice so far!

Archived