Question about a pattern instruction

Aerianna Curtis

Question

So in the other patterns Ive done Ive never come across this kind of instruction before.

Its telling me

"Bag is worked holding two strands of yarn together throughout"

Ive never come across this before so how do I do that? Use both ends of the ball/skein of yarn im using? you knwo the center piece you pull from and the tail end they tuck in at the other end? Or do I use to balls at the same time?

Ive attached a pic of what Im making, I got the pattern out of a book I came across and dont have the book, just pics I took of it, and I cant find it on the internet either to add a pic that way.

3 answers to this question

There are all kinds of ways to do that. I have worked with both ends of a skein, but if flopping the skein around to free up more yarn annoys you, just grab both ends and wind the skein into a ball of doubled yarn.

I love doubled-yarn projects because they go so fast.

I've had to remove the photo from the original post that was an image from a book.

Due to copyright laws, our site policies state that members can only upload photos to which they own the copyright. Images in a book are copyrighted, and cannot be reproduced here without permission of the copyright holder.

We love helping people here, but we have to do so while following copyright law and our site's copyright policies.

If your photo doesn't contain any information about the book, such as the book title, we unfortunately may not be able to help you in this case. If we knew what book it was, then you could describe the image, and somebody who had the book could look up the information so we'd know the name of the pattern and could find information about it online somewhere.

Archived