afghan in peacock colors

Beaglelady

Question

I would like to make this for a young lady that I know is getting married.  She has peacocks.

I plan on using Herrschners brand Worsted Weight yarn.

Calls for 5 colors one of which I would like to try and use a variegated but don't have to. 

I'm open to suggestions, thanks! :)

post-4753-0-16693900-1399761629_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

anything in your blues and greens would work.  I see their Worsted 8 yarns have colors like aquamarine, seaspray, jade, seagreen, sterling, and royal.  Any combination of those colors would work, or add in orchid or pale orchid.  As far as their variegated yarn - probably the one with blues and purples in it - it's called Prism.

post-14127-0-42661900-1399763229_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!   I'll check it out further.  Sounds interesting.  They are doing a destination wedding  to Cancun.  So her invite colors were coral, green, gray and a blue.   Was thinking about dark grey, teal, emerald green, dark lavender and coral rose.   But that combination just isn't working for me.

Was thinking about dark grey, teal, emerald green, dark lavender and coral rose.   But that combination just isn't working for me.

I would omit the coral rose.  It's going to be too bright and may dull the other colors.  Try adding a dark plum instead.  

I like the idea of: charcoal grey or black, teal, emerald green, dark royal blue, and dark plum.  Then the teal is the only bright color and will pop out.  The other colors are jewel tones and will complement each other.

post-71795-0-28233700-1399889383_thumb.jpg

edited to add image.

I like the suggested colors,  given 6 and only need 5. 

So I was thinking either:   Dark Teal; med. grey; Dark Lavender; Emerald Green; Turquoise

OR   Dark grey; teal; emerald green; dark lavender; royal blue

Herrschners is having a holiday sale right now so if I can get it ordered by Monday....decisions, decisions.

Archived