Pattern help on a slipper

Ravane79

Question

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is where I am supposed to put this but I am very new to crochet and have only done scarfs but I decided that I would give a  pair of slippers a try. This is also the first project that I have done from a pattern and not a video.

The pattern was on the back of a bernet sox yarn. It says to use a 3.50mm hook, which I did. The pattern also starts...

Ch 2. 1st rnd: 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st to first sc. 8 sc. 2nd rnd: chi. 2 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc. 16 sc. 3rd rnd: ch 1. *1 sc in next sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. join with sl st to first sc. 24 sc. 4th and alt rnds: ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc. 5th rnd: ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 2 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st. 32 sc. 7th rnd: ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 7 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc. 36 sc. I have it until here.

Then it says

Inc 4 sts evenly around following alt rnds, as before, to 56 sc.

And that is where I am confused. I am not sure what I am suppose to do. Can someone help me? Please and Thanks

2 answers to this question

edited because I only answered half your question the first time...

This pattern is written with 'non increase' rows in each even numbered row. This is what it means by increasing in alternate rounds (odd number rounds), the even rounds will continue to have no increases.

At the end of the 7th round, you should have 36 stitches.  Divide that by 9.  In every 9th stitch, in alternate rounds, make an increase.

Round 8 - work even (meaning, no increases)

Here is a  diagram for round 9 (reading right to left); each . is a sc, each x is an increase.  For round 9, there are 8 sc, then increase in the next stitch.  You will then have 40 sts

x........x........x........x........

Round 11 : make 9 sc, inc in the next sc, repeat - total of 44 sts

Round 13: make 10 sc, inc in next sc, repeat - total of 48 sts

Round 15...I think you are seeing a pattern here, right?  round 15 will get you to 52, round 17 to 56 sts.

Archived