grammyjel

Question

I'm just about finished with a 12 point round ripple baby afghan done in Bernat "funny print", I think. There was no label on the yarn, but that seems closest on the website.

SW-24774-163124-B-BBYSPR-FunnyPrints.jpg

Here is a picture of a yarn sample. My question is since there is no turning on this afghan (worked all from one side), there is a tendency for it to curl. The pattern does not have an edging, just says to "Cont as established, having 1 more dc between point and valley on each rnd, until work from center to outer point measures 20" [51 cm]. Fasten off." Anyhow, I thought that an edging might help with the curl. Any ideas?

main_medium.jpg

This is a Bernat pattern.

5 answers to this question

I turn my round ripples every row.  I don't like the curling or leaning either.

You could try turning it and doing a sc border all the way around.  That may help.

I always add a border to my ghans.  I think it gives it a finished look.  For a simple border I'll do one round of sc followed by a round a crab stitch.  I've also done scalloped borders.

The colorway is very pretty.

I agree with RoseRed, I also edge all my afghans, especially those that do not have a specific edging in the pattern. I also think it finishes it off very nicely and looks more polished.

I do the same on scarves, a simple edging makes it look so much nicer.

LI Roe

Archived