Front post pattern help

Wintergirl99

Question

I have a pattern that calls for the FPdc and Bpdc stitches. The pattern reads "round 20 :single crochet around" "round 21 :chain 2, 2DC (1fpdc, 1bpdc) repeat around. Am I supposed to do the FPdc and Bpdc in the 2 DC stitches I just made?? I can't get it to turn out! I've tried multiple times and it just looks like a big mess :(

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Usually you would do a post dc around a stitch in a  row below.  Is the pattern on line, or can you post a link to the picture of what you're making?  You are probably meant to make the post stitch around the sc in the row below, or maybe in a stitch 2 rows down (although, the latter would be a stretch). 

Does the pattern have an 'explanation of stitches', either at the beginning or end of the pattern, which might tell you where to put the post stitches i(n general)? 

Oops.  I see you're new - unfortunately posting an actual pattern here is against the forum rules, I suggest you remove it .  I think it's this pattern?  (linking in this way is OK, or if you linked to the etsy pattern site with a pic of the bootie would have worked, too)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-furrylicious-baby-boot

In the meantime, it looks like the post stitches are just forming sort of a ribbing  pattern, at the top of the bootie.  I would make the post stiches around the SCs in the row below.

Archived