solo confused

Lita Laramee

Question

Hi there,

I am very very new to crochet and I have finally made it to the final round of the edging on my first blanket project. The blanket consisted of some rows of puff stitches which the pattern specified as (Yoh and draw up a loop. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times in next sc. Yoh and draw through 3 loops on hook. Yoh and draw through last 2 loops on hook. And then 1 sc in next sc.

In this last round of edging it says "(puff st. Sl st) in next sc. 1 sc in next sc."

I'm confused about when I'm supposed to do the sl st...

4 answers to this question

I'm also confused because it says to (ch 1. Puff st. Sl st. Ch 1) Twice in each corner ch-2 sp ... Which I don't understand in itself but doesn't each rnd start in a corner? I probably did the whole edge wrong because I didn't count but I just figured that as long as it goes around evenly it would be fine.

I don't know where your rounds of edging are supposed to start according to the pattern.  

What pattern is it?  if its free online you can link to it, otherwise tell us the name of pattern and name of book or other source.

you are right, as long as your edging looks even to you, it is fine.  the pattern may have other specific directions but you don't have to follow them.  the reason for extra stitches in the corner is to make it lie flat as it goes around the corner.  the outside of the edging at the corner is actually bigger than the inside....think of a racetrack, the outer lanes are longer than the inner lanes.  

Archived