Can you identify this stitch?

Queenbe

Question

I've been crocheting for about a month, and my friend decided that I am now an expert.

He asked me if I could repair an afghan crocheted by his grandmother, who passed away many years ago. I can't figure out what the stitch is, but am thinking it might be some sort of Tunisian stitch?

I've attached a picture. The orange stripe is coming apart, and I am unravelling it to try to figure out how it was done. The brown stripe on the bottom looks like the top of any crochet row. But on the top side (and I may have top and bottom reversed!) there is a row of orange yarn attached to the tan yarn - and I can't figure out how that is done. There is a single row of some stitch that is attaching the broken stripe to the orange yarn connected to the tan stripe.

Any ideas? Thank you for looking!

post-70671-0-43469300-1391894597_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

From what I can see, I'd say that's single crochet.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to repair it with it being in the middle of the row like that; however I did find this site, which explains how to fix a hole.  http://www.ehow.com/how_2252548_repair-crocheted-blanket.html  I hope it helps!!  Good luck... oh, and Wow!  An expert after a month?  That's incredible!!  :wink

One other thing... :welcome to the 'ville!!!  :hug

Good luck... oh, and Wow!  An expert after a month?  That's incredible!!  :wink

Thanks for the welcome!

I meant to find some rolling eyes to put after the "expert" comment. Lol. Flattering, ridiculous, and annoying all at the same time! Still, I like the challenge. Hope I can figure something out.

Archived