Need help with this pattern

Obsessed

Question

http://web.archive.org/web/20011117182803/www.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/39-80.html

I know that I am going to need ongoing help with this sweater pattern because I skimmed it over and cannot figure out some parts. I'm working on the first part. I'm at the point where it says "Row 12, continue to 35 rows." Im anticipating the next few things that I'm going to have to do, so can anyone help with these statements??? I dont understand the underlined parts...

Repeat Rows 2 and 3 for pattern for Back. Work until 11 rows from beginning. At end of last row cut Camel.

Row 12: Join Beige and continue in pattern as established. Work until 35 rows, or about 11-1/2" (13"), from beginning. **Does that mean from the beginning of the whole piece? or just from the beginning of the new color** (btw, I'm doing mine in one solid color, so the color change doesnt apply to me.)

Shape Armholes: SI St over first 5 sts, work to last 5 sts. Turn. **do I just ignore the last 5 sts? ** Dec 1 St each edge every row 2 times--40 sts **I totally dont know what that means. I know that I have to decrease stitches, but I just dont understand the terminology.** Work even for 6 rows more. Change to Fisherman, and work until 17 rows from beginning.

I know I'm going to need muchhhh more help. This is my first wearable item... Anyone want to do a crochetalong??

3 answers to this question

-It is 13" from beginning of the piece.

-work to last 5 st. = yes, you ignore the last five, that is how the armhole gets shaped.

-you'll decrease 1 stitch twice on each edge - means you'll have 4 less stitches than what you started with.

I hope this helps:) Good luck with that sweater I like it, too. What colour are you using. (I wanted to do it in oatmeal or a taupe. Single colour will be much prettier)

I hope this helps Good luck with that sweater I like it, too. What colour are you using. (I wanted to do it in oatmeal or a taupe. Single colour will be much prettier)

I am using the Walmart brand Mainstays in Cilantro. Its cheap acrylic but its a pretty color. I don't want to waste money on nice yarn for my first wearable project. I'll post pics when I'm done..which may not be for a while, as I'm sure I'll have tons more questions.

I am using the Walmart brand Mainstays in Cilantro. Its cheap acrylic but its a pretty color. I don't want to waste money on nice yarn for my first wearable project. I'll post pics when I'm done..which may not be for a while, as I'm sure I'll have tons more questions.

You'll get the hang of it once you get into it:)

And... you can always find someone willing to help here.

Archived