Confused on a pattern

loocahswit

Question

help.gif

im working on a pattern for a doily (my first)

i got confused on round 1. i wanna know how many spaces and dc this round would make since this will be the foundation for the next rounds....

Round 1: Ch3, dc in ring, *ch 2, 2 dc in ring* 9 times, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3

sheepjump.gif

9 answers to this question

Please say where the pattern is and the name of it as this info would help much better..

I get 20 dc and 9 spaces BUT  if you follow this you will have 4 dc tog when you join, so I wonder if there should be a ch 2 there or if it is meant to be this way.

yes....it didn't mention in the pattern to make ch2 on the last b4 the join. i wonder if the author just forgot it to mention there.

thank you, i finally got it....so that would be 20 dc and 10 spaces cause i think a 4 dc tog would make the round completely wrong....i think...or should i just do the 4dc tog....lol...so confusing...

so what i just did is counted what she showed in her example...

sorry...this is the link to the pattern::

http://lacycrochet.blogspot.com/2013/05/small-flower-doily-my-first-written.html

Yes it should be there. I think she just didn't notice that part as she doesn't have it in other rows either and the picture does show the ch at the end. Keep up the good work

The pattern does mention doing ch 2 before joining and ch 3 before joining some of other rounds so maybe the designer went back in and edited the pattern.

The pattern does mention doing ch 2 before joining and ch 3 before joining some of other rounds so maybe the designer went back in and edited the pattern.

Yes she did  I emailed her after our posts that she didn't have the chains in the ends of rounds and she was very nice and  fixed those rnds. right away.

Archived