Pattern help "Field of Sunflowers"

ajsgramie

Question

I'm trying ot make "Field of Sunflowers" by Donna Jones.  It was a Annies's Crochet Afghan pattern from 1985.

Rnd3: (Ch3, dc) in first st, 2-dc cluster in next ch sp, ch1, (d-dc cluster in nest st, 2-dc cluster in next ch sp, ch1) around, joing. (32 clusters)

Rnd 4: Working in back loops ch1, sc in each st and in each ch around, join with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off (48 sc).

I don't see how I will end up with 48 sc if I have 32 clusters and 32 ch 1 spaces from round 3.

It's been a while since I've crocheted and I may just be confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sue

Upstate NY

2 answers to this question

I don't think you have 32 ch-1 spaces.  It's make 2 clusters, chain 1. 

Half of 32 is 16

32 clusters plus 16 chains is 48

Sometimes when I'm faced with this sort of self-doubt, especially when it's a smallish number of stitches like this (32 clusters is ok, 200 clusters, not so much) I sketch it out on paper.  Or, the computer.  You could do cc-cc- etc. then count the c and -.

Thanks so much for everyone's help.  Of course my problem was user error.  I can't read.  I tried round 3 3 times and everytime I added an extra chain 1 between the clusters.  Redid it a 4th time and it's correct.  Now for the next part.  This afghan may end up being for Christmas 2014.

Thanks again.

Sue

Archived