Doll clothes patterns aren't making sense.

puppysariel

Question

So I'm not new to crochet but I am new to doll clothing patterns and there's something that keeps frustrating me to no end.

I'm trying to make this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422678.0#axzz2d5qYBbPh

It shows the following:

R6: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st dc, sc 11, skip 1, 5 dc in next, skip 1, sc 2, skip 1, 5 dc in next, skip 1, sc 11, 2 sc in last. Turn (38)

And like a lot of barbie patterns I have problems understand what they mean when I get to the second Sc 11, because that's at the end of the row with only a couple stitches left, so there's not nearly enough room for 11!

Can someone translate that for me or point me to something that shows how this works?

I tried showing it to a couple people but they said they didn't understand it either. It's very frustrating. >.<

I added a picture of where I was at so it makes more sense.

post-68243-0-24401200-1377535387_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

According to the previous line you should have 32 stitches to work into so I counted the stitch holes you needed and it looks like you should have 32 stitch holes to complete this row ending up with 38 stitches

R6: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st dc, 1

sc 11, 11

skip 1, 1

5 dc in next, 1

skip 1, 1

sc 2, 2

skip 1, 1

5 dc in next, 1

skip 1, 1

sc 11, 11

2 sc in last. Turn (38)1

Did you start with 32 stitches when you began this row?

I think I realized my mistake while walking around on lunch (good to clear your head and all) and I've been crocheting into the double crochets, not the individual stitches at the top. I'm going to have to test that when I'm not noming my lunchables. XD

I'm pretty sure I just did something reaaaally stupid.

Archived