Seven Half-Double Crochet

oliversdad89

Question

I'm trying to make sense of a new pattern, but wondering if I am off track.

Chain 22,

Rnd 1: 2 hdc in 3rd ch from hook, 18 hdc, 7 hdc in the last ch, working down other side of foundation ch, 18 hdc, 2 hdc in last st (this st already has 2 hdc in it), join with sl st. (47 sts)

I did my foundation chain (22 sts), double-crocheted twice in the 3rd ch from my hook, completed the 18 hdc and attempted the 7 hdc but I'm not sure if I got that part right. Am I just meant to hdc seven times through the exact same ch? This is what I came up with; it made like a minature circle on the end of my stiches—am I totally headed in the wrong direction?

Thanks for your help in advance :-)

Adam

post-68170-0-63218000-1377117650_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Yes, it's 7 hdc in that one ch. You are making an oval by crocheting down the foundation chain and then back up the other side of the foundation chain. The 7 hdc in the last chain makes the rounded end of the oval as does the 4 hdc on the other end.

I'm too late to help you, but glad to see you got the right answer. I had some yesterday asking the same question. Working on both sides of the foundation chain can be a little tricky sometimes. May I ask what you are making?

I'm too late to help you, but glad to see you got the right answer. I had some yesterday asking the same question. Working on both sides of the foundation chain can be a little tricky sometimes. May I ask what you are making?

No worries...I'm making the sole of a pair of slippers.

Archived