I need help crochet my tank top

LittleSheepCrochet

Question

I'm crocheting a one piece tank top, and what I mean by this is seamless. basically I chained the amount need to fit around my stomach then I connected it with the begging chain, like you would when working in the round. Now I have got it up to my CHEST area and need help making the straps. I would like to make the straps in one piece as well along with building on the front. Please help!!post-68012-0-91057000-1375386891_thumb.jpg   

10 answers to this question

You'll need to do a wee bit of shaping now for the armholes.  So this will mean you'll no longer be able to do it in the round.

You can carry on working up the front while decreasing at both ends of the row to shape your arm holes.

You can then turn it over and rejoin your yarn and start shaping the back and back of the arm holes.

Then you can work on the 2 straps I tend to crochet them on at the front crochet until one it long enough the sew it onto the back.

Hope this helps

What I do is keep measuring up against myself for a good fit.  It might mean you have to occasionally undo a row or two and adjust your decreasing.

I usually find  one row crochet two stitches together at the both ends of the row.  Then a row with no increase.  Do that for a few rows then measure it against myself.

Then when you are happy with your shaping rows do a few rows without decreasing then measure again.

Just kept measuring it against yourself every few rows and you'll get there.  Just don't forget to write down how increase rows you do and how many rows you do after you finish the decreasing shaping bit as it make's it easier to work out the back.

So you're saying just crochet one row with a decrease on both sides and then just continue on with my rows?

Thanks so much you have been a great help to me. I thought I would never find a solution to my problem. 

Now I can feel confident. :) 

Almost.

Row 1 decrease one stitch at both ends

Row 2 no decrease

Row 3 decrease one stitch at both ends  

Row 4 no decrease

Then measure against yourself to see if you require any more of those 2 rows or not.

You're welcome :)

If you need more help then let me know and I'll try to help.

Right I'd better get off to bed now as it's half past mid night here in the UK lol

Oh cool thanks I will take a look :)

Aisles for some reason when I crochet the first row of decreases the first stitch looks different then the last stitch. the first stitch kinda looks like a decreases but the last decreases looks more raised almost as if that end of the row has more decreases then the begging of the row. what should I do?    

Archived