18" Safari crochet doll outfit

eyemac

Question

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

I would appreciate if someone could help me with the trouser on the Safari 18" crochet pattern.

I have crocheted the

two legs as the pattern. However when I get to the Torso Row 1 it tells you to align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sectin, ,put the first dc in the same stitch as the Join.

Does anyone know what has to be crocheted together or where I do the 6 sc, ch 1?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Irene

4 answers to this question

I am guessing you mean Darski's pattern here? http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/121661-safari-18-doll-image-intense/

You were to leave the yarn attached after the second leg.  The 6 sc is to join the legs together at the crotch.  The following DCs are to build the top part of the pants from crotch to waist.  I believe the pattern is telling you to place the first dc in the same spot as the last stitch of the 6-sc joining of the legs.  At first I was thinking she meant to go back to the first sc of the join, but she didn't say to break off, which is why I'm assuming to use the last sc.

The beginning stitch of the join becomes the center front, the last stitch is the center back.

Hi

Yes it is the darski safari 18" crochet patern.

Thank you for your reply. After the T row 1 the pattern reads

It might be helpful here to go to the back to mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 5 from the centre back join each side.

I hate to be beat but I am at a loss with this pattern. I have crocheted for years but I am puzzled with this. Normally I can work it out.

Thanks again.

Irene

I had to look twice at that part, too; at first I thought 5 stitches on either side of the center back stitch, but she is using only 5 stiches total for the increase, so I think what is meant is the center stitch, plus 2 on either side, for a total of 5.

Archived