Graph with the Best Back?

skatters

Question

How do you graph with 6 different colors, and end up with a neat back?  I have never done such a large graph, an afghan.  I want the back to look relatively neat so I don't have to cover it. 

I have been researching graphs all day.  I know I can do tunisian, but I do prefer sc.  I know I can carry the yarn if it is over a few stitches here and there.  Other than that, lots of yarn bobbins and lots of cut ends when necessary? 

Help! 

5 answers to this question

How do you graph with 6 different colors, and end up with a neat back?  I have never done such a large graph, an afghan.  I want the back to look relatively neat so I don't have to cover it. 

I have been researching graphs all day.  I know I can do tunisian, but I do prefer sc.  I know I can carry the yarn if it is over a few stitches here and there.  Other than that, lots of yarn bobbins and lots of cut ends when necessary? 

Help! 

I use the sc, I carry no more than 6 stitches and no less then three.  Yeah, sometimes it means lots of bobbins, but it does anchor the yarn down and it means less weaving of ends.

When I find a picture of the front and back of one I did, I will post it.

I found it, the first picture is of the back and the second is of the front.

post-105-0-35177800-1370528729_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-96721200-1370528787_thumb.jpg

Kate, I do a lot of graphs too, and like Mary Jo said, sometimes it just means lots of bobbins and weaving in. Here are front and back pics of one of my easier graph ghans

post-8552-0-11307800-1370520614_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-81370200-1370520627_thumb.jpg

Thanks Judy and Mary Jo!!  Both afghans look fabulous!!  I think I am going to do the same, but instead of an afghan, I am going to make a pillow.  It will give me experience working with more colors, give me a bit of flexibility on the back side - and I am pressed for time, so it will go faster!!  Thanks for the information - I will be sure to share it when I am done!! 

Archived