Waterfall Wardrobe 18 in Doll outfit

Amber Beams

Question

I am working on a vest for a doll and on row 27 it says sc in first sc (ch 1, skip next ch 1-space sc in next sc) 15 times, ch1, turn. Skip remaining sts. (31 sc and ch-1 spaces). Then in rows 28-38 sc in first sc (ch 1, split next ch-1 space, sc in next sc) across ch 1 turn.

What I don't understand is on row 27 do I only do 15 sc? Then on 28-38 do I also only do 15 or do I keep going across?

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville! :hook

row 27 is  confusingly written I think.  I guess it does mean that you do the (ch 1, skip next ch 1-space, sc in next sc) 15 times.  Then at the end of the row you have 31 total stitches, counting each sc and ch as a stitch.  

Than I would think on rows 28 -38 you would just be working over the stitches from row 27, so you would still have 31 stitches on each row.

Hopefully Tampa Doll or someone else who has made this will answer, to be sure!  

I have finished this outfit and it will surprise yu how nice it drapes.

What it is telling you is that in each sc you sc and you skip every ch1  She it is sc in sc ch1 skip ch1 sc in sc.

For the whole vest you will sc in each sc ch1 then skip each ch1.  That is what gives it that rough effect.

Give a yell if you still are having troubele.

Archived