Help with the Afghan of the Sandman

segi1974

Question

I need some help.  I just started doing the gauge for this pattern

I will give you row 1 directions  (sc, ch3,sc,ch3 sc) in 5th ch from hook (counts as a trp-lp) *sk next 4 ch, trp-lp in nex ch, rep from * across , turn

row 2 Ch3 (does not count as a st, now and thoughout) sl st in second ch-3 sp of first TRP-lp, trp-lp in smae sp, trp-lp in center ch-3 sp of each trp-lp across (leave first and last ch-3 spl of each trp-lp unworked), turn.

ok here is my question.  I know that the trp-lp is sc,ch3,sc,ch3 sc, so when I go to row 2 am I doing the trp-lp in the  third sc is that considered the center?  I am very confused with this and I think that is why I did not continue making this when I bought the pattern 3 years ago.

Hope someone can help me.

3 answers to this question

it says "sl st in second ch-3 sp of first TRP-lp, trp-lp in smae sp,"  so you are working into the chain-3 loop, not into an sc.  

i think that "(sc, ch3,sc,ch3 sc) in 5th ch from hook (counts as a trp-lp)" has something else before the 1st sc, which starts it off, and this would be the "beginning" trp-lp, not the "regular" trp-lp.  there must be instructions in the pattern for the whole trp-lp.  I beleive the trp-lp has three chain-3 loops, not two.  

Archived