Working through front loop only

linamingo

Question

I started crocheting less than a week ago.  I purchased the Susan Bates Learn Crochet kit w/ book and am working on the Basic Beanie pattern.

Round 15: Working through front loop only, ch 3, dc in each of the next 59 (71) sts; join with slip st in top beginning ch-3

Round 16:  Working through both loops, ch 3, dc in next st; *BPdc around next st, dc in next st; repeat from * 28 (34) more times; join with slip st in top beginning ch-3

In Round 15, I am not sure if I am just working through the front loop on the ch 3 or the entire round.  I did it on the entire round and ended up with half of the amount of dc I should have. 

For Round 16: I am not sure about BPdc.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

I would assume that would be fore the entire round 15.  If round 14 has 59 stitches then round 15 should to, so check your count on round 14.

You are not sure how to make the BPdc?    check out youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P68IyedUw8

hope that works correctly..if it doesn't just do a search in youtube on bpdc and there are lots of different videos

Thanks, I am doing the large so my Round 14 has 71 but I am still coming up w/ 30 something on Round 15.  Thankfully I have a coworker that's been doing this for a few years and she is going to take a look at what I am doing wrong, but I will def. review the video when I go home for the BPdc.

Thanks again.

Ok the video helped so much w the BPdc and I understand how to make it but when I go to make the dc after it and do 34 like the round calls for I am ending up with half the round unfinished. It's like I am going to end up with 68 instead of 34. I wonder if I am doing botht the BPdc and dc in the same spot or something.

Archived