Simply Fast Wine Bottle Cover

Black on White

If you need a quick cover for a wine bottle, this one takes less then an hour. Also, this makes for a stretchy cover. Fits an average wine bottle.

post-56996-13589779268_thumb.jpg

(sorry the picture is sideways, I have no idea why that is)

Materials:

J-hook (6.0 mm)

3 ounces of WW Yarn (I used redheart)

Yarn needle

Stitches used and abbreviations used:

chain (ch)

single crochet (sc)

double crochet (dc)

slip stitch (sl st)

stitch (st)

Fasten Off (FO)

Notes:

- ch 3 at beginnings of rows counts as a dc stitch

-if you already have the wine bottle you are going to use, rows 6-31 are where you can make size adjustments. Try the cover on the wine bottle and if it is to long or short, add more rows or less.

Pattern:

ch 4, join with a sl st to form ring

1) ch 3, work 11 dc in ring, join with a sl st to top of ch 3 (12 stitches)

2) ch 3, dc in same stitch, (2 dc in next stitch) around, join with a sl st to top of ch 3 (24 stitches)

Row 3 worked in BLO:

3) ch 1, sc in same stitch, sc in each stitch around (24 stitches)

4) ch 1, sc in same stitch, (ch 1, skip next st, sc in next st) 11 times, ch 1, join w/ sl st to first sc (12 sc, 12 ch)

5) sl st into first ch of previous row, ch 1, sc in same stitch as sl st, (ch 1, skip sc st from previous row, sc in ch of previous row) 11 times, ch 1, join w/ sl st to first sc (12 sc, 12 ch)

6-31) repeat row 5

32) ch 1, sc in same stitch, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st (sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st) 7 times, join w/ sl st to first sc (32 sc)

33) ch 1, sc in same st, 2 sc in next st (sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) 15 times, join w/ sl st to first sc (48 sc)

Either FO after row 33 or work the edging.

Optional Edging:

(ch 3, sl st in next st) around

FO and weave in ends

For Tie: Chain 92, FO and weave in ends

Weave this tie between the “holes” made by the chain stitches in row 30 and tie in a bow.

Other tie options: ribbon, a contrasting color of yarn, etc.

Enjoy!

* This pattern has not been tested, so if you find a mistake or the instructions are to unclear, let me know by comment or PM! Thanks!

Page

Thanks for sharing. Cool bottle cover.

By the way (hope you don't mind me saying it) but there is a way to rotate a pic once you upload it. Happens to me all the time till I kind of figured out how to get my pics straight.

Anyway, take care, thanks again.

LI Roe

• 1 year later...

Archived