Help with the letter "R"

photojenic

Question

I don't know what's wrong with me. I've tried to figure this out, but I have NO idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

I have finished up the first section of the "R" pattern from Wove n Spun. But I cannot seem to figure out the next step:

"Row 14-23 sc in each sc to end ch 26(18 sc)

Place marker in first stitch of this row"

<<I've done this...no problem so far>>

Section 2

"You will now work the underside of the ch just made in order to work down the opposite side of the R"

<<Huh???>>

"Row 1 sc in first ch from hook and in next 21 ch (22 sc…you should have 4 un-worked chain stitches)

Row 2 Dec over first 2 sc. sc in each sc to last sc. 2 sc in last sc (22 sc)"

This is where I'm totally lost. I've ended the first section....have my row marker in place, but have no idea what these directions are trying to tell me. Help please!

3 answers to this question

The second step is to make the leg of the R, the part that goes like this: \

After you stitched across, you should have chained 26, which just hangs loose from the stem.

You want to start at the far end of the chain, on the bottom so your work will be going towards the bottom of the letter instead of the top. Single crochet 22 in the chain, so that you have 4 chain stitches left between the point where you end the row and the point where the chain attaches to the stem of the letter.

You should be able to follow it from there. The stitch marker will be used when you pick up again to finish the stem in a later step.

Hope this helps.

Edited to add: It should say-

Row 14-22: sc in each sc to end (18 st)

Row 23: sc in each sc to end, ch 26 (18 sc, 26 ch)

Edited to add: It should say-

Row 14-22: sc in each sc to end (18 st)

Row 23: sc in each sc to end, ch 26 (18 sc, 26 ch)

Ah-HA! That's it! I didn't understand what the "ch 26" was doing at the end of Row 23 and thought it was a typo. THANKS!!! :clap

Archived