HELP!! (lol)

mc_crochets

OK, so if any of you have visited my blog in the past month or so, and it looked really really wonky..i'm sorry...it didn't look that way in my browser window...:blush:blush:blush I've switched back to a simple blogger template for now, but I was hoping someone could help me with what went wrong...here is the link to my "test blog" If you have firefox, it will look fine, if you have internet explorer, it will look...well horrible!! if anyone has a chance to look at my coding to help me fix the problem, then I'd really appreciate it, if not, then I'll change it back when I have time to get it looking good. I've also got to work on fixing my header image, cause i cut off the bottom some :lol my real blog is up and running fine..just with a boring template :P

:think:think:think

Sherry

I looked and couldn't find much (but it's late and I'm a little cross-eyed :P so I'm probably not much help!) I saw one thing that probably *isn't* what's causing your problem-- you have two opening

<html>

tags. I'd take out the second one just in case it's causing some problem, but that's probably not it.

If somebody who's better at this than me doesn't turn up and figure it out by the time I'm back at work on Monday, my first thought would be to look for

<div>

tags that aren't closed--that could possibly suck your post into the left side like what's happening in Internet Explorer...

I did go through and try to find any opened div's, but so far, (in my half asleep mode) I couldn't find any. I think I'm going to start from scratch...that code was from a friends blog that I "adapted" to fit my images...I'm just going to have to take a little time and make my code the way I want it. I have a little bit of the knowledge, just not much of the time LOL I may even spring for a three colum blog again..I like that layout better anyway. If I can't get it to work with the "div"' code, I'll do it in basic table format..i at least know how to do that....of course I could always pull out that 50 dollar html book I bought for my "intro to html" class , that had css in it too

If I can't get it to work with the "div"' code, I'll do it in basic table format..i at least know how to do that...

I know what you mean with that! I learned to do HTML by hand, in Notepad, in about '97 or '98 because I couldn't get the hang of any of the HTML editors that were out then. And then I didn't bother to learn anything new for years :lol I'm catching up with the times and getting a grip on CSS & XHTML, but it's still sometimes hard for me to get things positioned right with it so it's slow going. Even though nested tables look like such a mess of code, if I need something done fast I still fall back on that.

(Hey look, I said

by the time I'm back at work on Monday
Not sure if I was in denial or just so tired that I couldn't remember my schedule, but here I am! :haha

Archived