Another floral sampler

Afghaniac

That was a big Duh on my part! Now I know I was tired last night. LOL

Atlanta is a place I have always wanted to visit so, it would not hurt my feelings to go there. Now I have 3 reasons to visit- the history, a crochet pal and Pavlova! :lol

You'd have to go a little farther north than that. After several years in Fla., we became halfbacks and now live in Atlanta.

Atlanta does have great history, but unfortunately between Sherman and the Confederate themselves, most of what would be historical sites were burned down. There probably are more tangible signs of more recent history -- the civil rights movement. A great book I read last year is The Bonfire: The Siege and Burning of Atlanta,by Marc Wortman. We got to hear him speak last year at the Atlanta History Center and learned some really surprising things, such as the fact that most Atlantans were not pro-secession. And that several African-Americans, though enslaved, had their own businesses and became very wealthy.

If you do come to Georgia, I highly recommend Savannah; we went there for the first time recently, and I fell so in love with it that I wished we'd moved there instead. This gorgeous little city is absolutely steeped in history -- and didn't get destroyed.

Archived