Paton's Dreamtime

strandjss

I recently purchased 5 skeins of Paton's Dreamtime Austrailian Merino wool - 8 ply. i believe this particular yarn has been discontinued which is why I was able to get it at such a good price even shipping it from Austrailia. Anyway, I would like more of this if I can find some or if someone could tell me whether or not Paton's Classic could be blended with this or substituted. Are they comparable do you think?

thanks so much,

Jackie

I recently purchased 5 skeins of Paton's Dreamtime Austrailian Merino wool - 8 ply. i believe this particular yarn has been discontinued which is why I was able to get it at such a good price even shipping it from Austrailia. Anyway, I would like more of this if I can find some or if someone could tell me whether or not Paton's Classic could be blended with this or substituted. Are they comparable do you think?

thanks so much,

Jackie

Paton's Classic is not machine washable and Paton's Dreamtime is, so if you did blend them you would have to carefully hand wash. That said, there are a lot of worsted weight superwash wools out there that you can use. Cascade has a superwash wool in semisolids and hand paints. There are a lot of indie dyers who have superwash worsted weight yarns for sale. You could also buy some undyed superwash and dye it yourself.

Hope this helps.

Archived