Looking For A Particular Butterfly Loom

I saw this butterfly loom on Youtube and I have been searching everywhere and I can't find it. :think

http://www.youtube.com/embed/M0KZIlE79qw

The video is in Bosnian and I don't understand the language but I can definitely understand the concept.

Is anyone familiar with this type of loom and where know can I buy it.

You can find these looms in yarn shops and there are tons of video's on you tube in English. The one shown in video you have looks to be metal but they have in other types of products. I just google it and the leads are enormous finds. The ones shown have a lock side that you undo to release the square. Lion Brand yarn has lot of info too.

I knew someone who had an old wood loom with nails on the end. She said she had it at least 50 years. She used a nice cotton thread and wove all sorts of patterns that she put together to make baby blankets with. They came out very nice

I also seem to have remembered that back in the mid 90's I was having a lot of trouble with my hands before and after I had surgery for 3 trigger fingers. I hadn't been able to crochet then. I had purchased a loom that said you could weave granny squares with it. I never used it. I went looking for it and it is called a magic loom. Here is a link that shows the picture of my loom.

http://blisstree.com/look/how-to-for-vintage-magic-loom/?utm_source=blisstree&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=b5hubs_migration

At the time I think I ordered it from one of those novelty type of catalogs like Spencers or Miles Kimball etc.

Hi Skyslady, yes i'm familiar with the loom, I have one. It is turkish and you can only get it by mail order to an address in Turkey. Unfortunately it does not come with any patterns.

Hediye

Thank you so much for your response. I saw some gorgeous hats made using this particular loom and I thought it would make some outstanding designs.

Can you tell me if it is called the butterfly loom in Turkey. I want to ask for it correctly when I find the address to order it.

Once again thanks for the info.

You can find these looms in yarn shops and there are tons of video's on you tube in English. The one shown in video you have looks to be metal but they have in other types of products. I just google it and the leads are enormous finds. The ones shown have a lock side that you undo to release the square. Lion Brand yarn has lot of info too.

Thanks for your response. I did see quite a few videos using the butterfly loom style sold mostly at Hobby Lobby, but the spaces on them were too wide and they didn't have anything close to this size, also I like the lock and release system this particular loom has and the fact that its metal.

I'll be checking out Lion Brand yarn too.

I knew someone who add an old wood loom with nails on the end. She said she had it at least 50 years. She used a nice cotton thread and wove all sorts of patterns that she put together to make baby blankets with. They came out very nice

I also seem to have remembered that back in the mid 90's I was having a lot of trouble with my hands befor and after I had surgery for 3 trigger fingers. I hadn't been able to crochet then. I had purchased a loom that said you could weave granny squares with it. I never used it. I went looking for it and it is called a magic loom. Here is a link that shows the picture of my loom.

http://blisstree.com/look/how-to-for-vintage-magic-loom/?utm_source=blisstree&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=b5hubs_migration

At the time I think I ordered it from one of those novelty type of catalogs like Spencers or Miles Kimball etc.

Thanks for your response. This is a cool loom.

Hi skyslady, It is called Kim Orgu, I had called them direct last year to order and they do not ship to US. I have family in Turkey so I was able to have it shipped to there address then I went to Turkey to visit them and thats how I got mine. I was told by the owner that they used to send it to the US but it was too costly, I will call them tomorrow and find out if they will send it, I doubt it but it's worth a try. The price last year was 50 turkish liras (including S&H in Turkey only) that would be about $40 US.

I wish they had patterns for it, I think i'll ask them that too. Now I have to go digging for mine. I'll keep you posted.

I have spend the entire evening searching all over the place and found out that I can not find where I can order this vintage loom!

What a disappointment!

Any suggestions fellow stitchers? :(

Hi skyslady, It is called Kim Orgu, I had called them direct last year to order and they do not ship to US. I have family in Turkey so I was able to have it shipped to there address then I went to Turkey to visit them and thats how I got mine. I was told by the owner that they used to send it to the US but it was too costly, I will call them tomorrow and find out if they will send it, I doubt it but it's worth a try. The price last year was 50 turkish liras (including S&H in Turkey only) that would be about $40 US.

I wish they had patterns for it, I think i'll ask them that too. Now I have to go digging for mine. I'll keep you posted.

Wow just seen this post.

I really want this, It would be great if they would send it. Please keep me up dated and thank you so much.:hug

I can imagine that loom being used for thread or fine yarn. It is a great idea about the hooks being metal retractable too. Look at many more video's today really love the effects of making the squares.

Although I never really tried my looms, this video got my juices goin' and I'll have to give it a try someday. My set is 3 small graduated sizes. If you google "magic loom" you might still find some sellers in the USA that sell it. I think I saw one vendor selling it for $9.00.

Hi skyslady, I did not forget about you. I just spoke with the manager of Kim Orgu in Turkey and he said it is costly to send just one but if there were 10 or more they would consider it. He asked me to call back and speak with the owner, I'm going to call her back at 2pm. Here is the link to there website.

If anyone else is interested let me know maybe we can get them to send to USA.

http://www.motifmakinesi.com/

Hediye

Archived