Help! Coming Home Poncho

Elvee

Question

I have been making this poncho for my grand daughter, Kimi. It is coming out wonky gagewise--I am using Homespun and a N hook. Seem my stitiches look short.

Anyone else have problems with this? I hate frogging and going upin hook size N is big for me! I need Help!!!!!:huh

Lorry

3 answers to this question

I haven't made the poncho, but I one day when I was browsing old posts, I noticed there were some threads about problems with the Martha poncho. Go to the menu at the top of the page, and search for "Martha poncho", and you should find the threads I saw. Hope this helps!

I just finished making 3 of them. I used N and homespun and they came out fine also. The pattern is fine. Working with bigger hooks is hard if you're not used to it.

I usually don't mess with gauge when I do a poncho. I just make sure the person can fit their head thru the hole and try it on them until the length is as long as they want it. I know that's really sloppy crochet tactics but it works for me and the garment looks professional. In fact, I just took first place at the Colorado State Fair with one of the Home Coming Ponchos I made.

Hope this helped a little.

Yarnbunny

Archived