crochet with beads

korjuen

Question

i have been seeing new threads posted about working with beads...now i like to admit i have not read most of them but this topic did remind me of an idea.

sometimes its hard to crochet with beads..having to move them down the yarn when you are crocheting. sometimes a pain.

the idea i have.

you take one skain or ball and thread all the beads on it then crochet with the other. and all you do is take the beaded one and run it though like you would changing colors "running the unused color under the stiches" and divide the beads between the stiches where you like them to show up. this may not work with lacy or open work patterns so well. "the running thread" will be easyer to see and be in the way. i have not tried this myself yet, only beucase i have not crochet much lately because of nerve pain but i would think it should work.

Kor

2 answers to this question

GREAT Idea!!:yay

You're right about it not working with lacy stitching, but it would work beautifully for the beaded purses I make. It would also make them go a lot quicker, I think. And Keep the tension more even. Sometimes the weight of all the beads I use pulls on the stitches I am trying to do and the stitches come out uneven if I am not paying attention.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it and get back to you on how it works.

Yarnbunny

Archived