Desperate Crochet Pattern Help

crochet smartcat

Question

I just got the new Annie's Attic Desperate Crochet pattern booklet and wanted to make the Midnight Pansies Stole for a friend's wedding. The Midnight Mohair doesn't come in white, so I am improvising with LB Jiffy and Katia Sevilla combined. Love the combination and my guage is on as far as I can tell, here is my problem.

I will paraphrase the pattern, so as to not get into copyright issues.

The pattern reads: Guage is 2 stitches = 1", 1 dc row = 1"

To me this says that 2 dc or 1 dc and 1 ch = 1" (that is how mine measures)

The foundation creates 23 squares. In each square make x number of stitches equaling 48 st and 47 sp.

Then do a dc, ch1 in each space. This row repeats x times, then there is a sc scalloped border.

As far as I can read and follow the pattern, there are no more increases and I never have more than 48 stitches and no matter how I divide the numbers 48 stitches divided by 2 = 24"

Following the pattern, this creates a "scarf" 26" long when I do it, however the pattern says the final size is 5 1/2" x 56".

Has anyone else tried this pattern and had success or similar issues? Let me know what you think, is the final size a misprint? I hesitate to contact Annie's Attic because they will say "if I did it with the correct yarn the guage and final size would be accurate" probably. Just wondering if I am misreading the pattern or am I misinterpreting the guage?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived