Not your grandma's crochet!

I was so excited when I found some really cool websites showing all the fun things people have done with crochet, everything from demented little dolls to skull pattern scarfs; I now have a new love for crochet!

I just started learning this month and after purchasing the book by Stitch and Bitch Crochet called The Happy Hooker, I'm off to a good start! I've blogged about my progress so far and have learned a few different stiches a,d I'm now learning to read patterns. So if there are any beginners out there, I have some great tutorials on my blog!

I bought another adorable book by Twinkie Chan which features food themed scarfs and hats. These are so dang cute, I can't wait to get good enough to actually attempt.

I'll be posting a follow-up on here once I get some pictures up on my blog. I just had to share how excited I am...hehe

xo

Candice

www.theoldladyathert.blogspot.com

I just love to crochet. It does seem like you can make anything you want in crochet. That book by Twinkie Chan sounds so good. I will have to look for it. Wishing you many more happy days of :crocheting to come.

Archived