DC / Herringbone HDC

I just had a crocheting ephipany. (Maybe that isn't the best term, but there it is!)

The stich I learned as a child that my mom called "double crochet" turns out to actually be Herringbone HDC! :lol

I was perusing the stich help section, trying to find an interesting new stitch to learn, and saw a a post about Herringbone HDC. I clicked to check it out and took a link to a description of how you're supposed to do it as well as the problem the poster was having doing the stitch.

Wow. :eek Imagine my surprise when I bust out my yarn to better visualize what is going on and notice it's my 'old' DC apperaing before my eyes!! :crocheting (I had aleady noticed that 'my' DC wasn't the DC referred to in patterns here and elsewhere on the web.)

So, I know a stitch that I didn't know I knew! How cool is that! :hook

This isn't a request for help; I just couldn't find a better area of the forum to post this.

I just had a crocheting ephipany. (Maybe that isn't the best term, but there it is!)

The stich I learned as a child that my mom called "double crochet" turns out to actually be Herringbone HDC! :lol

Life is never boring when you are crafty! You Go Girl!!!:cheer

Archived