teaching crochet vrs. knit?

which is harder?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. which is harder?

• teaching a crocheter to knit.
    • teaching a knitter to crochet.

do you think it's easier to teach someone to knit who crochets? or someone who crochets to knit?

Just curious because I crochet. My friend knits. and we are going to teach each other our respective crafts.

Just wondering which of us has it harder? LOL!

I think This is great. My local group did this a few years ago. I was a crocheter and some of the other ladies were knitters. We all now know how to do both and I could not be happier. It did take a bit to get the hang of knitting but I found that with the right tools and determination even this dunce could do it. I totally recommend knitpicks harmony knitting needles. If it weren't for a good friend lending me hers to learn I would have given up entirely!!!! I had tried before and just couldn't get the hang of the bulky straight needles. I now own the Harmony circular set and would never even think of using straight needles ever again. I will you all the best. Don't give up like I first did. get the right tools and you too will learn to love it. Good luck and happy knitting!!!!!

Thanks for the advice/input!!!

I did buy a pair of circular needles, and I attempted to cast on last night, after watching a tutorial about 17 times! LOL! It's HARD!

Crocheting is SOOOO much easier and faster, so far! LOL!!

It's difficult for me to say since I have done both but I'll say teaching a crocheter to knit :knit is a bit easier. With knitting all the stitches are on the needles (unless you drop one) and there is no guessing as to where to put the needle (just front or back of the other needle).

When teaching a knitter to crochet, :crocheting they sometime have problems with tension because you have to keep the tension while making the stitch (knitting you can drop the yarn and wrap it around the needle and then pick it up again).

But if the person has never knitted or crocheted... it's a lot tougher.

Hope that you both have fun learning a new skill.

It depends mostly on the attitude. I taught a knitter to crochet yesterday at my LYS and she took to it like a champ because she wanted to. I've taught crocheters to knit and knitters to crochet and as long as they really want to, it's easy. If they are doing it because they are "supposed" to.....

I have tried knitting about five times....and I've given up...for now. My mother is a knitter - she's tried to show me - but I can't for the life of me - hold and work two needles at the same time. My hands just won't allow me....LOL. I'm quite an ugly knitter....LOL

Archived