Frog Finger Puppet (2 images)

champygirl

I showed the puppet to a couple people and they thought it looked like a frog. :yes So I hope whoever makes one think it looks like a frog too. ;)

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Enjoy!!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:2frog Frog Finger Puppet :frog

post-11825-135897652346_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl September 2, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight Yarn in green and a 10” inch long piece of red yarn
Size F hook (3.75mm)
Stitch Marker (a piece a yarn will work to)
2 Pony Beads (For the frog’s eyes) (The Beads I used were 9x6mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Notes:

Frog is worked in a continuous spiral, do not join unless specified.

With stitch marker mark the first stitch of the round and move it up as you go along, to keep track.

Finish Size: About 2"h x 2"w x 1" tall inches

Different Stitches:

Double Crochet Cluster (DC Cluster)- Yarn over, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, draw thru 2 loops, [Yarn over, insert hook in same st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, draw thru 2 loops] Do this 4 times, yarn over, draw thru all 6 loops on hook, ch1 to finish stitch.

Extended Double Crochet (EDC)- Yarn over, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull thru 1 loop, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over, pull thru last 2 loops on hook.

Beaded Extended Double Crochet (Beaded EDC)- Yarn over, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull thru 1 loop, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, take hook out of loop, slide bead onto loop, insert hook back into dropped loop, yarn over, pull thru last 2 loops on hook.

Extended Double Crochet Popcorn St (EDC Popcorn St)- 1 EDC in next st, (Beaded EDC, 1 EDC, Beaded EDC, 1 EDC) all in same st, take hook out of loop, insert hook in first EDC made, insert hook back into dropped loop, pull loop thru first EDC, ch1 to finish stitch.

Note: When working into a DC Cluster or an EDC Popcorn St your working into the Ch1 used to finish the stitches.

Sc Decrease next 2 sts together- [insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop] Do this 2 times, yarn over, pull thru all 3 loops on hook.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With green ch2 leaving a tail, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook working over tail.
(6sc)

Pull tail taut to close hole from starting.

Rnd 2: 2 sc in each of the next 6 sts.
(12sc)

Rnd 3: 1 sc in each of the next 12 sts.
(12sc)

Rnd 4: Dc Cluster in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, EDC Popcorn St in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, DC Cluster in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts.
(9sc, 2 DC Clusters, 1 EDC Popcorn St) (The Dc Clusters are the top of the frog’s legs and the EDC Popcorn St is the frog’s Head)

Rnd 5: 1 sc in next DC Cluster, Ch4, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, ch1, sl st in same chain, ch1, sl st in same chain, sl st in each of the next 2 chains, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, ch5, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, ch1, sl st in same chain, ch1, sl st in same chain, sl st in each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in next st, 1 sc in next EDC Popcorn St, 1 sc in next st, ch5, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, ch1, sl st in same chain, ch1, sl st in same chain, sl st in each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, ch4, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, ch1, sl st, in same chain, ch1, sl st in same chain, sl st in each of the next 2 chains, 1 sc in next DC Cluster, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts.
(12sc, 2 legs and 2 arms)

Note: When Skipping arms and legs make sure they’re on the outside of frog.

Rnd 6: 1 sc in next st, skip leg, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, skip arm, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, skip arm, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, skip leg, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts.
(12sc)

Rnd 7: [Sc Decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 3 times.
(9sts)

Rnd 8: Sl st in each of the next 9 sts, join with sl st to first sl st.
(9sl sts)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Tongue:
Attach 10”inch piece of red yarn to the bottom of frog’s head making sure the yarn ends are even. Make a knot:

post-11825-135897568438_thumb.jpg

Repeat knot until the ends are too short to knot together. Trim the loose ends short.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl September 2, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Note: I would not recommend making the frog Finger Puppet for a baby or a child still putting things in its mouth. As it is pretty tiny and could be a choking hazard.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was looking for a small, quick to make frog and you did it! I have made one all ready and he is so cute!

Our local hospital auxiliary holds a big christams boutique each year. I am in charge of stuff for the kids room. It is called the kids room, but it usually turns out to be the baby's room. I have been trying to make other things for young kids. I have other frog patterns, but I wanted something samll. I am crocheting the bottom closed and stuffing them. So, again, thank you!

Archived