name and care labels

DawnofMarch

I can't sew to save my life... (Well maybe to save my life but it's not something I'm very good at. I also don't own a sewing machine. However I'm just about done with the Lapghan for my Mother and I know I need to put some sort of name label on it with her name and birthdate and care instructions because she lives in a nursing home in California right now.

I know there are labels in the stores that are for "Made by" and you need to sew them on, but like I said, I currently stink at Sewing and don't have access to a Sewing Machine. Would a Tailor be able to make and attach such a tag?

I'm not sure a tailor would make something like that, they are generally needle and thread type of people, and a special label requires printing equipment, inks, design software, etc. You might be able to get a label made at an embroidery shop, but that would probably be very expensive.

Perhaps you could get something that doesn't ravel, like felt, inexpensive and readily available at Michael's or Hobby lobby in 1 ft X 1 ft sizes. Get a light color, cut the size you need, and use a Sharpie or some other permanent type marker to add the text. Then let the tailor sew it on if you aren't so inclined.

Maybe someone will have a better suggestion for the label itself that might be prettier, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

Peggy, thanks for the tutorial link. It is the closest to what I will need. Wish it wasn't so complicated but I'm sure I'll have the Lapghan to my Mother by Christmas.

Archived