Camano Island WA, crochet retreat Oct 17-21

jimbo

Ever hear of the Crochet Liberation Front? Well its a small group of oh maybe 6000 crochetiers who are PROUD of crochet. The group started and exist mostly over in Ravelry, and has grown to huge proportions, to the extent that it even has published books.

Anyways, I'm a member of the group and am participating in the very first ever Crochet Liberation Front Crochet retreat on beautiful beyond belief Camano Island WA. Camano Isle is one of those emerald islands in Puget sound close by Seattle, where the Orcas roam and the seafood is phemominal.

You don't have to be a member of the CLF to come to the retreat. Heck you don't even have to be a crochetier. But there will be some FAMOUS crochetiers there teaching classes. And the comraderie? It should be one of those things that, when you're in the golden years, sitting in your rocker reflecting on life, will be one of those memories that makes you smile and sigh.

AND I'm scheduled to teach hook whittling at the retreat!! Twill be so amazing to meet up with folks who I know only over the internet. Two classes are scheduled. One is for transforming a stick into a crochet hook (we won't mess with wood dowels (where's the fun in that?)... nope WE will whittle hooks directly from the source... tree branches! And the next class will involve knitting needle makovers, or turning bamboo knitting needles into useful and worthy objects (crochet hooks).

Try to fit this into your schedule. I'd LOVE to meet you guys in person!!

Here's the contact information:

http://www.crochetliberationfront.com/retreatinfo.php

HOPE you can come!

Jimbo

Archived