Tapestry crochet pattern making

fancyface

I've got 2 programs that I can use to make tapestry crochet patterns with. My biggest problem is I can't seem to manipulate photos the way they should be in order for them to come out right on the graph. I mean I can put them on the graph and they will look good but they are usually bigger than I want them to be. I can make the photos smaller (less pixels) but I don't get much detail or enough detail that it looks good. IF anyone knows how I can accomplish this or can point me in the right direction on where I can get this info, I'd really appreciate it.

Yes I can. I guess what I'm trying to get out of my pictures is some detail that you would definitely know who it is if you looked at it but not having so much that it makes the pattern big. I have a feeling I'm not explaining myself very well, sorry.

I've actually only seen two places on the net that actually deal with tapestry crochet but of course they're not going to tell you what to do with your pics to get them to turn out the way you want them to.

I guess it's just going to be a lot of trial and error on my part.

Thanks,

Ann

Archived