Crocheting on Consignment

Hi All.

Do any of you do consignment work? If so, what do you charge? I was thinking $4 - $10/sq ft depending on intricacy.

Thanks!

Amy

I do not crochet on "consignment" (Consignment:When goods are delivered to another company with the understanding that payment for the goods is only made once the goods are sold.) , however, I frequently do commissioned (commission:a task or matter committed to one's charge; official assignment: The architect received a commission to design an office building.) What I charge will vary, it is not based on the price of the yarn , which I have the customer supply ,but rather on how much I enjoy doing the item, I also get to keep any unused yarn. A hat and scarf set $25, a shrug about $30, recently a shawl earned me $100. Amigurumi's about $10: I have too much fun making them to charge more. On wearables, I get 50% of the price to begin( this is non-refundable ) and the rest upon completion. I have the customer supply the yarn ( except for amigurumi/toys) to avoid any problems over color and fibre selection.

Archived