Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guitars, huh? FUN!! I have to go lay down with DD, but she had a 15 minute nap today, so it shouldn't take long for her to fall asleep. Don't feel like you have to wait for me though. If you're not here when I get back, sweet dreams and we'll catch up soon!

guitars + 11pm = GOOD GRIEF! :rofl ... these kids! they are determined to put me to bed every night! :lol

Tell Janna sweet dreams from 1 of her "fairy godmothers!";)

I'll be here for a little while...

How are you today? And before I forget, have you seen the Halloween purse in the show and tell section? I think I'll try that for the Halloween pillow.

Not very much happenin' around here... it was a quiet afternoon. The calm before the storm, I guess! :rofl

I ran over and peeked at that bag... it is perfect! Do you have that mag?

How are you holding up?

We had a wonderful visit last night... Uncle Art and my cousin Chris ended up staying over. It was a great time! Oh! and I gave sis a cookbook from the school for her b-day... I didn't want to "leak" the sunflowers just yet:devil...she was happy.

And what a storm it has turned out to be, eh?

I'm alright. The wake was nice. A lot of people. Very sad. I never know what to say in those situations. I hate to say "I'm sorry" because it seems so generic. So I just kept hugging people and saying, "How are you?". What a stupid thing to say! My mom is so good at talking to people. I guess I didn't get that gene.

My surrogate grandmother (Mom's neighbor) had to have an ambulance called. Mom thought she may have had a stroke, but she just had a bad reaction to some new medicine because she was dehydrated and didn't eat much. Very scary, but she's home and she's okay.

The school cook book was a fantastic idea!! So are you still going to make a pillow for her too? I'm so glad you had such a nice visit. How is Uncle Art feeling?

Sheesh! that's scary... thank God she's ok...

and don't worry, there's never anything you can say at a wake that doesn't sound generic. and to be honest, they won't remember what you said... they'll just remember that you were there for them:hug

I have to wait for DH to come home so we can do the research together. I did change pharmacies (a friend works there) and for some reason our insurance covered most of the cost there. I saved over a hundred dollars today. So I'll be calling my ins. company to find out what is up!! Drama, drama!

Oh, and my sis is supposed to pick up that magazine for me tonight! Yay!:yay

he's feeling just ok. They didn't have any answers or updates of any kind for him, so it was a rather wasted series of appointments, he said. In fact, he would've been :angry, if it wasn't for looking forward to a nice family visit afterward. He's a really cool guy, and very strong. He says there are many who are in worse shape than him, so he will make the best of his situation. It's something he learned from my grandmother:manyheart

Yay! I am glad that sis will get that for you...

:thinkweird about the pharmacy... I went to get a scrip for DH today, and the pharmacist put us on the "universal store plan" and he saved us $40 on the medicine that our insurance won't cover... I just don't get it all:think

when does DH get to come home again?

Thank you for saying that. And I guess you're right. There's no perfect phrase in that situation. But I'm glad I was there for my friend. We met in 4th grade. We're not very close anymore, but we always talk like we've never skipped a beat. Does that make sense?

DH is in Arkansas at a dirt track race. From there he's going to Tennessee. My friend Jill and I are leaving Wednesday to meet him and her husband up there. We're going to make it a 2-day trip. So we come back next Sunday.

Archived