Heart Pattern??????

Crumper33

Question

Hi all I am looking for a pattern to make a heart as a center piece for a full sized blanket. I crocheted the blanket in rows, and I am looking to put a big heart in the center of it but the only pattern that I am able to find are for small hearts. I need one that is kinda big, I would like to find one that is about 4 foot big or bigger. If there is anyone there that can help I would appreciate it, it is for a friend of mine and I want it to look goooooood. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

:think :think :think Somewhere, yesterday, I saw a large heart shaped crocheted rug.

It would be really easy to work out how to do it so I will give it a go for you.

I will work it out in fine yarn and small hook and you can do it in thicker yarn and bigger hook to get it bigger.

If my memory serves me right, it was in :hook SCs. I looked through hundreds of books yesterday so I dont think I would be able to find it again.

I will be back.

Colleen.:hug

I have made a heart about 10 inches wide by about 12 inches long.

The way I have made it, could easily be adapted to use thicker yarn and larger hook to make a bigger heart.

The only thing I can see to hamper you making it bigger is that it will be quite heavy by the time you finish so will make your afghan very heavy.

What about making several smaller hearts in thinner yarn so they are lighter over-all.

I will take a photo and see if I can e-mail it to you. It may work or it may not.

I dont know how to post pictures on this forum so can only try to e-mail it.

Haven't taken the picture yet.

I will be in touch.

Colleen:hug

Archived