Found a lovely, free, teacup pattern...

You can post a web link to where the pattern is, just not a copy of the actual pattern. If after you post the link, the link shows up with a lot of ******* in it, then just delete the post using edit and clicking delete. The ***** links mean that there is a copywrite issue with posting the site.

*THANK YOU, AUTUMN!* The link for this really lovely teacup is [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN] . I love it! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Admin Note: Link to a supposedly vintage pattern has been removed because the site does not properly cite original source of pattern to demonstrate that the pattern is legally in the public domain.

...and am confused by the guidelines. It's not mine~can I share the link here? TIA! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

In most cases, it's perfectly okay to share links to patterns here. In fact, we encourage it, because it's always fun finding new free patterns.

However, there are a few times when it's not okay to share a link:

--it's a link to a scanned image of a copyrighted pattern (from a book, magazine, store pattern tear-off sheet, etc.)

--it's a link to a pattern found through an internet archive of some sort when the pattern is no longer available on its original website (This could be contributory copyright infringement: helping to distribute the pattern when the copyright owner has chosen not to make it available anymore.)

--it's a link to an unlicensed pattern featuring a trademarked/copyrighted character/logo/etc. (We can only allow links to patterns of this type if the publisher states they have permission to use the trademarked/copyrighted intellectual property of the other party. This applies whether it's a free pattern or one for sale.)

Hope that helps! If you ever want to post a link and you're not sure whether or not it's okay to post, you can always send the link to me via PM. I'll be happy to let you know if it's okay to post.

Archived