Japanese Craft Stores in NYC?

Hello all! I am going to be flying into NYC on August 26th for the day to mostly gather supplies for my japanese crochet obsession (books mostly).

However, I was wondering if anyone knows of any other places that might carry Japanese or asian styled crochet books / supplies (like hooks, yarns, notions)....

Book stores I know I will be going to for sure will be Kinokuniya, Bookoff, and Asahiya.

I would love to know if anyone has ever seen if any stores carry Hamanaka yarns and hooks or cafe kitchen yarn? I'm probably going to wonder around Chinatown in the hopes I stumble across something...

Any help would be much appreciated!!!! :manyheart

Last time I visted the city I remember going into an Asian book store. All I can remember is that it was located near Rockefeller Center. They had all kinds of books. I tried to do a search but no luck finding it on the internet. All I remember is that it was within a block of Rockefeller Center. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Last time I visted the city I remember going into an Asian book store. All I can remember is that it was located near Rockefeller Center. They had all kinds of books. I tried to do a search but no luck finding it on the internet. All I remember is that it was within a block of Rockefeller Center. Sorry I cant be of more help.

That's fine! The one you refer to is actually Kinokuniya. But thank you for the locale info!

Archived