How to book for kids?

I'm working on a care package for a family. The parents afghans are finished, and now I'm working on little gifts for the children. For the boy I'm going to make Juggling balls and track down a how to Juggle book. FOr the Young girl I'll Make a stuffed animal of some sort but for the young teen girl( 13) I was thinking of making her a backpack( maybe beaded if I work up the nerve to try it) And adding a How to crochet book with a skein of yarn and a crochet hook or two. I'd like suggestions on good How to books that are simple with interesting and cool patterns to appeal to young teens. Any ideas?

What a great idea! I found several books at Amazon, but it's hard to tell what they are like. "Kid's Craft - Crochet", "Kid's Crochet, Projects for kids of all ages", & "Crocheting (Kids can do it.)

Alosha

There's a great book called "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting" you can get at Michaels and your LYS and there are several other books geared towards kids/teens but I can't recall their names off hand. Michael's also has a kit you can buy which has some hooks, an instruction book, and other basic needs for crocheting. I think it's called "Teach Yourself to Crochet" or something along that nature.

Archived