Hair stuff

I Create

I had thought of doing these for awhile. Have some patterns that I got at thrift stores. Then yesterday I was in Dollar General for a couple things and walked past the hair accessories when the bags of ponytail holders reached out and grabbed me! There was a bag of plain, thin ones for $1 (100) so I bought those and that is what these are crocheted around. Also bought some smaller softer ones, less of them in a pack but still $1, then bought two bags of flexible headbands, one for adults, one for girls.

Last night I made these. I used a pattern (very simple at that) for the light lavender twirly one, but did my own thing on the other 3 (hot pink ones are the same as you can see). I'm wondering if that soft fuzzy yarn of the hot pink ones will get caught in the hair though. What do you think? I need to send some to DD in TN for a trial run. :)

post-23943-135897421591_thumb.jpg

Well, these never made it to TN to my DD there. ;) We went to SIL's on the 4th and a lot of family there. Niece and grand-nieces around 12-13 so I gave them each one except for the younger one (around 6) who doesn't use them. The one who tried the hot pink one done in fuzzy yarn said it didn't pull at her hair at all. They loved them and two of the older 3 are crocheting so I spent a little time telling them how to make these. Wish I had brought my hook and yarn to show them, but I didn't.

Archived